Author Topic: Secret Revealed! I Present the Handmade Artists' Shop  (Read 33365 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Secret Revealed! I Present the Handmade Artists' Shop
« on: December 27, 2009, 01:45:53 PM »
Well this is what I've been working on for the last several months, a shop for our forum members to be able to sell their treasures. You can see how to join here http://handmadeartistsshop.com/sell in detail. In general to join the new Handmade Artists Shop you need to be a paid subscriber on the forum and that's it. The subscription costs $5.00 a month and no more. We are not going to charge for commissions and or listing fees or anything else. We also have no intention of raising the monthly fees either, if you signed up at $5.00 a month you stay their for life.

The goal of this site is to support handmade and our artists on the forum. We have had our beta testers working for the last few weeks and have been ironing out the bugs and getting the site ready. The site is brand new and will still be going through changes and improvements over the coming months but I just couldn't wait any longer to let my secret out.

So if you want to join go to your forum profile and sign up as a paid subscriber, if you leave the box checked for reoccurring payments then I will not have to bill you every month. I would prefer this as we are small and I don't have a staff like some of the other large venues. Once you've set up your paid subscription go here http://handmadeartistsshop.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=1&p=signup_vendor to sign up. Once I've confirmed your paid subscription I'll approve you as a vendor. You can then log into you private sellers dashboard http://www.handmadeartistsshop.com/administrator/vendor.php which will give you access to set up your site.

After you have signed up as a pid subscriber you will also have access to the private sellers area of this forum. Make sure you read the thread How do I set up my shop http://handmadeartistsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,2227.0.html as there is a tutorial on page 2 that I set up to help.

Just a quick note. The forum will still support our teams and guilds just as we always have, we will now also be supporting our own site as well. ;D

Anyway I look forward to our new site and I hope you all come and join us in our new creation. I do believe that we have the best artists on the net and that this site will give all the big boys are run for their money in the coming months and years.

Enjoy,

Andrew and Kimberly

Offline ArtsyCrafty

• View Profile
Re: Secret Revealed! I Present the Handmade Artists' Shop
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »
I admit defeat.  I would love to participate, but I haven't a clue after reading, reading and reading, how to go about signing up for the paid subscription to the handmade artist forum.  Now that I've embarrassed myself in front of one and all, maybe somebody will take pity on my had give me a guiding hand.

Thanks,
Judy in Az

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »
I admit defeat.  I would love to participate, but I haven't a clue after reading, reading and reading, how to go about signing up for the paid subscription to the handmade artist forum.  Now that I've embarrassed myself in front of one and all, maybe somebody will take pity on my had give me a guiding hand.

Thanks,
Judy in Az

No problem, go to your profile here on the forum, look on the left hand side and you will see paid subscription as an option. Click paid subscription and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other problems.

Offline ArtsyCrafty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 02:37:56 PM »
Thank you!  Your info helped!  I now have taken care of it. 

Judy in AZ

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
Thank you!  Your info helped!  I now have taken care of it. 

Judy in AZ

Cool got it now go here to sign up as a vendor http://www.handmadeartistsshop.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=1&p=signup_vendor

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
Please don't feel silly....I couldn't figure half this stuff out at first either!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
Yipeeee...I guessed right ;D ;D... well after an OBVIOUS clue ^-^

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 03:40:50 PM »
WOW this is a very, VERY generous feature to offer!  Thank you so much!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 07:31:44 PM »
WOW this is a very, VERY generous feature to offer!  Thank you so much!

Thanks so much for those kind words.

Just a quick note for those who are joining.

First make sure you sign in to the right area on the site. There are two logins one for customers and one for vendors. The vendors sign up is here
http://www.handmadeartistsshop.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=1&p=signup_vendor.
Also please set up your paid subscription in your profile on the forum before you try to sign up.
Once you have set up your subscription go to vendor sign up and fill out the form. You will recieve a confirmation email, but your account is still not active. I will activate it and you will then recieve an activation email with a link to your private sellers admin or dashboard that is where you set up your shop.

Please ask as many questions in this thread that you need to, we are here to help. And to all those who signed up already enjoy, I think this will be fun! ;D

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 07:39:09 PM »
Yipeeee...I guessed right ;D ;D... well after an OBVIOUS clue ^-^

What was your clue????  :D

I gave a little hint in a chat the other night.

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
I'm so glad the secret is revealed... can I promote it now?

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
Promote away my dear...promote the forum, shop, and of course yourself!  We are dying for this to become a big name in HANDMADE.

Offline TwistedTrinkets

• View Profile
    • Twisted Trinkets
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 02:17:15 AM »
Wow! That was a secret & a half! Nice one  ;D

Well done for keeping a lid on it too - can't have been easy! lol

Hope to be joining you in the not so distant future... I'm just ever so slightly financially embarrassed at the moment *ahem* ... there are plans afoot to change that in 2010 though  ;)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 08:22:37 AM »
Wow! That was a secret & a half! Nice one  ;D

Well done for keeping a lid on it too - can't have been easy! lol

Hope to be joining you in the not so distant future... I'm just ever so slightly financially embarrassed at the moment *ahem* ... there are plans afoot to change that in 2010 though  ;)

Thanks so much.
Sending pm.