Author Topic: Knits- Organically grown cotton  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Knitsbywlsm12

• View Profile
Knits- Organically grown cotton
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:34:58 AM »
My newest creation and one of my best selling style beret, rasta, slouch hat. This one is made with organically grown cotton . Check it out in my etsy shop:
 http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24623177 and let me know what you think.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Knits- Organically grown cotton
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:00:20 AM »
Stole pic for ease of discussion

I like the hat my wife knits from time to time when she needs to do something relaxing.
Great shop by the way and welcome to the forum hope to see you and your creations here often.

Jeanne

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »
Gorgeous. 

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »
makes me wish I could wear hats, I look silly in a hat

Jeanne

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »
I look silly in a hat

I bet I look sillier....

Offline Knitsbywlsm12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 07:56:50 PM »
Thank you for responding.  I will admit this is not one of my best pictures. But it is my best seller winter and spring. A brim can be added to make it a newsboy /chemo (I honestly don't like to advertise as a chemo hat, for the fact of advertising to profit on someone's illness)( But they are very comfortable and soft and if it helps someone feel better about themselves during such a time, I would love to accommodate.)
I have also added a pom-pom to some for a real tam look. :)

Jeanne

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 08:29:42 PM »
I can see where you are coming from about the Chemo, but really you are doing a kind service.  They are soft and very chic so I don't see why you couldn't advertise them. 

Jeanne

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
I would have bought one for my grandmother, who died after a 9 year fight with breast cancer but it would have had to hold a bag of frozen peas.....

Confused??????????

Here is the story.  Chemo doesn't go where there is cold.  My grandmother was determined to see all of her grandchildren married and the first of her greatgrandchildren born so she fought for 9 years  against breast cancer.  She was also very self conscious about what the chemo would do to her hair and skin.  She drank beat juice, smeared pureed carrots on her fact AND sewed two shower caps together with a small opening in the top.  She would fill the caps with frozen peas as she would get chemo.  The oncology unit thought it was the funniest thing they had ever seen...maybe funny but after all that passed through her body, she still had most of her hair when she passed.  Ever since then, because of some things that I've had to deal with health wise over the past few years, frozen peas have become a joke in our house.

Please, get the word out.  Those dealing with chemo need something to make themselves feel good again and because you put love into your creation it means even more.

Offline Knitsbywlsm12

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:00:28 AM »
I can see where you are coming from about the Chemo, but really you are doing a kind service.  They are soft and very chic so I don't see why you couldn't advertise them. 

Jeanne

I didn't look at it like that

Offline Knitsbywlsm12

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 07:28:18 AM »
I would have bought one for my grandmother, who died after a 9 year fight with breast cancer but it would have had to hold a bag of frozen peas.....

Confused??????????

Here is the story.  Chemo doesn't go where there is cold.  My grandmother was determined to see all of her grandchildren married and the first of her greatgrandchildren born so she fought for 9 years  against breast cancer.  She was also very self conscious about what the chemo would do to her hair and skin.  She drank beat juice, smeared pureed carrots on her fact AND sewed two shower caps together with a small opening in the top.  She would fill the caps with frozen peas as she would get chemo.  The oncology unit thought it was the funniest thing they had ever seen...maybe funny but after all that passed through her body, she still had most of her hair when she passed.  Ever since then, because of some things that I've had to deal with health wise over the past few years, frozen peas have become a joke in our house.

Please, get the word out.  Those dealing with chemo need something to make themselves feel good again and because you put love into your creation it means even more.
I love peas. And will have a smile & thought of your family & grandmother everytime I have them.  You know she probably knew something and if she still had her hair it worked for her. :)

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 03:17:33 PM »
I'm playing catchup!

Love the cap! 

I've decided I don't really care if I look silly in caps or anything else for that matter! 

Kimberly - that is an amazing story - guess she must have known something, keeping her hair! 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com