Author Topic: Swarovski beading contest  (Read 2611 times)

seedlingsjewelry

Swarovski beading contest
« on: September 06, 2009, 01:30:10 PM »
Got this e-mail from Fire Mountain Gems about a Swarovski beading contest for anyone interested. Looks like the deadline is Sept. 21

http://www.firemountaingems.com/beading-contests/swarovski/default.asp?WT.fmg_linksection=5X7PPVDMJL8S&WT.mc_id=CW090906

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Swarovski beading contest
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
Are you going to enter?  I wish I had the time or energy...but both are in very limited supply right now.

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »
I haven't worked with Swarovski crystals much mostly because of their price and I'm not a huge fan of faceted beads (as silly as that sounds). I've seen some recent crystallized elements though that look very much like cut gemstones and they are quite lovely.

If they were having a 'it needs to have lots of earth tones' contest, I'm set for that :P

So no, going to skip this one but thought the folks who work with Swarovski a lot might find it interesting.

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:15:10 AM »
I was very interested in this, as I am working on a gorgeous piece. However, upon reading into the rules of entering, I must have purchased at least 50% of my materials from Fire Mountain Gems. I didn't, so that lets me out.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 03:59:41 PM »
I was very interested in this, as I am working on a gorgeous piece. However, upon reading into the rules of entering, I must have purchased at least 50% of my materials from Fire Mountain Gems. I didn't, so that lets me out.

I won't tell anyone that you didn't if you won't...  ;)  Do you have to come up with receipts and stuff?

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:52:10 AM »
I remember when I registered for an account, I had a 'number'. I would imagine that they would look at your order number to see that you were abiding by the rules. I get my Swarovski crystals from a stateside authorized dealer WAAAAAYYYY cheaper than they could ever think about selling theirs for  ;)