Author Topic: Want a new Board Section  (Read 22495 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Want a new Board Section
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »
If you see the need for a new board division ask for it here.
This board can be divided in many ways so lets hear the ideas and we can slice it up any way you want.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Want a new Board Section
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
That's fine but I fear if we get to specific it will get cumbersome. Lets see how the gallery goes for a couple of days and then we can modify.
PS- Great to see you here.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »
Well maybe just a jewellery section than?
I agree that is a good idea.
So in an effort to not make the Gallery get cluttered I've added a few divisions and made the Gallery its own separate  board. The divisions outlined are just a start. Let me know what you think.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

Offline Wicked Impulse

• View Profile
    • Wicked Impulse
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 01:32:41 AM »
I'd say to keep it simple for now. As your membership grows it will decide it's own needs. And oddly enough... "it" will ask!

The problem I'm having in here from the start is recalling what and where I posted yesterday. I recognize most of the initial topics but there is a lot to get used to right off. I went through a bunch of the posts yesterday just to see what's being said and get a taste of the place and now it's a mash in my bean-bucket.

So, I'd suggest that what you have now is plenty. Add to your 'general rules' or whatever that people are welcome to bring their suggestions for topics/groups to the boards. I see you also have a request for moderators. I'd ask anyone wanting a specified group topic to be that moderator if they feel up to it.

Anyway, that's me sitting here telling others what to do! (laughs)

So far I've enjoyed it here. The topics have been interesting and I've seen some keen stuff by following links. Yay!

Thx, Leisa

ArmoredHearts

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:33:27 PM »
I'd say to keep it simple for now. As your membership grows it will decide it's own needs. And oddly enough... "it" will ask!

The problem I'm having in here from the start is recalling what and where I posted yesterday. I recognize most of the initial topics but there is a lot to get used to right off. I went through a bunch of the posts yesterday just to see what's being said and get a taste of the place and now it's a mash in my bean-bucket.

So, I'd suggest that what you have now is plenty. Add to your 'general rules' or whatever that people are welcome to bring their suggestions for topics/groups to the boards. I see you also have a request for moderators. I'd ask anyone wanting a specified group topic to be that moderator if they feel up to it.

Anyway, that's me sitting here telling others what to do! (laughs)

So far I've enjoyed it here. The topics have been interesting and I've seen some keen stuff by following links. Yay!

Thx, Leisa

Leisa,

If you'd like to review where you've posted; When you log in, click on the PROFILE area at the top of the menu. It will go to your Profile. At the bottom of your profile there is highlighted text that reads : Show the last posts of this person. If you click that it will list all posts you've started OR responded to, and their respective dates.

Also using the Marked as read feature in each section can help in remembering what you read and what you should review on your next visit.

Hope that helps.

Frann

Jeanne

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 08:09:07 AM »
Leisa:

Do you have the top expanded?  By the date in the right hand corner, there is a button.  If you don't have that expanded, click on it.  What it opens is another row.  In that row is a place on the left hand that shows what posts you haven't read and what replies there are to everything you posted.  This is the easiest way, imho, to keep track of what is going on.

Hope this helps,
Jeanne

Offline Wicked Impulse

• View Profile
    • Wicked Impulse
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
Both suggestions should help! Thanks so much. I know what a pain it is to have to describe how to function on line to morons like me who don't bother to read all the instructions! (laughs)

I'll get there eventually. You're too kind to point the way.

Offline hoshikaze

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »
How about having a tutorial/help and how to section? It would be neat to have a place for people to post tutorials they put together (I have several planned - just have to find the time), can link to tutorials online they have found helpful, and also the section could be a useful place for people to ask questions about craft things (as opposed to forum questions I guess).

Heck, it might also be neat to have a "request a tutorial" thread in the section so people could post about things they'd like to learn. I have ideas for tutorials I'd like to put together, but seeing what others want to learn might give me more ideas of things to write up.
~Claire
Me on DevArt, Twitter *, Blogger - beads
*Yes, I changed my twitter name.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:20:40 AM »
How about having a tutorial/help and how to section? It would be neat to have a place for people to post tutorials they put together (I have several planned - just have to find the time), can link to tutorials online they have found helpful, and also the section could be a useful place for people to ask questions about craft things (as opposed to forum questions I guess).

Heck, it might also be neat to have a "request a tutorial" thread in the section so people could post about things they'd like to learn. I have ideas for tutorials I'd like to put together, but seeing what others want to learn might give me more ideas of things to write up.

You wish is my command! http://handmadeartistsforum.com/forum/index.php/board,23.0.html  Great suggestion by the way as I am always looking for new things to try.