Author Topic: No record of orders pending  (Read 210 times)

Offline TanglewoodSoapCompany

• View Profile
No record of orders pending
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:14:49 PM »
Today I received a payment via PayPal for items purchased in my shop.   There's nothing showing in my pending sales...it says "you haven't purchased anything".  This is the 2nd time this has happened & have yet to hear back from support.   Any ideas??   All I have is the buyers name, email address, & amount paid...all from Paypal.  I have emailed the buyer asking to please let me know what she purchased, but I shouldn't have to do that.  I'm getting frustrated!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No record of orders pending
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »
It happens when the buyer doesn't return to the site from Paypal. Order details are returned when they return to the site. The instructions on paypal say to return to Handmade Artists, but if they don't it gets messed up.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »
Wondering if the instructions to return to the site to complete transaction are clearly understood....as in "your transaction will NOT be completed until you return to Handmade Artists."   Both buyers I've had this month, I had no idea what they purchased & had to contact them.  The first I assumed user error, but 2 in a row???  Do I need to add instructions to each product listing???

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »
Just had my daughter make a purchase from me.....PayPal says "order complete" BEFORE you are redirected to the site.  Perhaps this is the problem...they're thinking they're done & not completing.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »
Not sure, unfortunately I can't control paypal. However i did see the order details come through as you should have as well.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »
Yes...this sale went through with no problem & I received all notifications.  She did click to return to the site.  So 2 out of 3 sales will not return to the site & I'll have no idea what they ordered.  Wonderful.    :-\

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »
No response from the buyers yet?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 02:18:23 PM »
Yes...she responded late last night with list of what she ordered & mailing address.  Hurricane Harvey just arrived & I was trying to get her order shipped out before we flooded.   I'll just add to my listings as soon as I can that they must redirect.   Thanks for the help.