Author Topic: Anyone making sales?  (Read 519 times)

Offline kyrustic

• View Profile
Anyone making sales?
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
Hi.
How are you doing on this site? Making any sales?

I've been here a few months. So far no sales. I do OK on Etsy, better at Handmade Amazon.
I'll give it another month, if no sales, I'll be leaving this site.

Dan
www.KyRustic.com
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:01:35 AM by kyrustic »

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
Re: Anyone making sales?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »
Nope, in spite of my promo's

Offline galleryvalerie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 03:42:07 AM »
Hi I just opened up a store and noticed a lot of people don't have sales. Only one person answered your question. Makes me wonder if I should put in the time. How long has European touch been here? Looks like a lot of promotion too.

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:55:51 AM »
Hi I just opened up a store and noticed a lot of people don't have sales. Only one person answered your question. Makes me wonder if I should put in the time. How long has European touch been here? Looks like a lot of promotion too.

Been here since 2010 or 2011., not sure at this time.....

Offline EasleyArtisanJewelry

• All that glitters is not gold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
you need to promote your products on all social media, with your own links to your shop.  The admin of this site promote, but you need to do your own, just like you have a brick and mortar store.  Also remember that if you copy/paste the search engines will start to ignore your posts, each post should be unique.  Online selling is labor intensive, you have to approach it like a regular job.  Here you are a fairly large fish in the pond, at places with thousands of sellers, you are a very small fish in the large pond.  If you don't have a shop facebook, twitter, etc. account, start one.  Link all  your posts to your shop here.

John
John

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »
Well said John

Offline DeesseBoutique

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »
Sadly no, not a one in 4 1/2 years.

I finally decided that I need to drop this venue (kept meaning to for the past year but kept forgetting) but surprisingly there is no way to remove my payment information / delete my shop other than sending in a message to support.

I have to say I am not happy about that scenario. Any business that debits my credit card should offer a way for me to update and/or remove that card info as needed. Not having that option makes me uneasy.

There is no way for me to to that other than sit and wait for a reply from support (which I am sure they will do, I am not concerned about that).

I think that is a definite flaw in the set-up and should be remedied. What do you do when CC's expire and need updating?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 12:36:35 PM »
DeeseBoutique,
I have already responded to your email.
You have total control of your payments to us in paypal, you have had control from the beginning.
All you need to do is cancel your recurring payments on paypal simple.

Offline DeesseBoutique

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 11:28:00 PM »
Thank you for the quick update and the email. I have taken care of it now - but my point was that I didn't know I could do that as there is no area in the Account section to see or control payments.

Actually since it has been years since I signed up I had forgotten that it was a Paypal agreement - I just assumed I had probably given my debit card number.

Thanks again for your help.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 07:13:30 PM »
I  am  on  Etsy and  Ebay  too....   only  1  sale  on  ebay.....  don't  think  I  have any  on  etsy either
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18