Author Topic: Etsy coupons  (Read 1220 times)

Offline MJohn

• View Profile
Etsy coupons
« on: December 30, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »
Hello everyone, I'd like to hear your opinion. Does anyone of you tried using Etsy coupons? How did you promote them? Is  any good or do you use them on private channels? Or it is better to work with Etsy SEO and stuff?

I am new here and any advice would be welcome :) Thanks a lot!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:48:28 PM by chainmaille »

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
Re: Etsy coupons
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »
Most of us do not have an etsy store and would not have one ever again, but hang on maybe someone has an answer....

Offline MJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:11:48 AM »
May I ask why? What's wrong with Etsy?

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:04:51 PM »
Most of us have not been treated right and when etsy went to allow re-sellers on there and went from strictly handmade to resellers and corporate created items, we left. That is why we are here on HANDMADEARTISTS....

Why don't you asked your coupon question on the etsy seller site, I am sure you will find some answers there, just and idea....

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 07:42:19 PM »
I left Etsy after they allowed cheap merchandise from resellers.  It is NOT a handmade site...more like another eBay.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »
I started  seeing  items   made overseas   which  to  me   spells  sweat shop.  I  can  be  unreasonable  at  times   and  this  is  one  of  the things  that   will  get  me started.  I  shut  down  my etsy  shop.  I  have  one  at  shophandmade  but  it's  been  ages since I put anything  up.  They  may  have  shut me  down.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 02:47:19 AM »
Technically, this site supports ALL handmade, whether sold here or not.  However, Etsy is a touchy subject for the reasons stated above.  I personally would love to support truly handmade artisans who happen to have Etsy shops, but I'd rather violate the Etsy TOS and do off-site business with those artisans.  It's nothing against the artisans, it's the fact that Etsy charges transaction fees, and I don't want any of my money, even just pennies, going to Etsy corporate.  If they didn't have a transaction fee, I'd happily shop there because 100% of my money would be going to the seller.

Offline MJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 06:23:58 AM »
Ok, I think I got it. Thank you everyone :)