Author Topic: pdf downloads hit or miss  (Read 2321 times)

Offline PrimarilyPracticalKnits

• View Profile
    • Primarily Practical Knits
pdf downloads hit or miss
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »
I've sold several pdf patterns since Thanksgiving.  Some of them have been downloaded by the customers with no problem, but several of them apparently didn't work.  At least 4 customers have emailed me asking why they weren't given a link or any other way to download their purchases.  Any idea why this is happening?

It's not a problem with the listings, since in some cases the same pattern could be downloaded by one customer but not by another.

Help!

• View Profile
Re: pdf downloads hit or miss
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 06:24:21 AM »
Update - just had a problem with another customer.  I opened up the edit function on each and every pattern, and ALL of them are saying "Non-digital type"!!!  What the heck?

When I first set up my shop last January I was confused and failed to successfully upload and mark as "Digital type" some of my patterns.  Once a kind soul asked me to check that, I went back and re-listed all the faulty ones.  So I know that they were all set up correctly.

Why have they reverted to "Non-digital type"??  Have the patterns I uploaded disappeared, or are they just inaccessible?

I know it's the busiest season for all crafters, but please, someone let me know what has happened.  I'm very frustrated, particularly because a previous post about a problem with my coupon codes still hasn't been answered.  It was posted November 26 and has been viewed 167 times -- but no one has offered help.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 06:43:44 AM »
Update: I just did a brand-new listing for one of my patterns.  Ticked off "digital type", uploaded the file from my hard drive, continued through all the steps to add the listing.  Then I opened it in with the "edit" button to take a look, and lo and behold, it showed "Non-digital type" ticked off.

I think your entire download system has crashed.   ???

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 06:51:10 AM »
I am still waiting on the coupon answer too..... :(

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
I initially had an issue with the digi downloads, but it seemed to resolve once I redid the listings.

Your best bet is to PM chainmaille for help.  He gets those to his email and responds very quickly.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »
SO they are not checking the forums anymore for problems, Larissa?

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »
Oh, I have no way of knowing that.  I imagine they are.  I just know it's *always* been faster to PM because it doesn't get lost in the shuffle that way - it goes straight to email.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 08:02:36 AM »
once you set up a digital listing, it is there, when you go to modify the listing it defaults back to non digital. I have digital tutorial, whenever I sell one, I just email it to be safe.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 08:28:25 AM »
OK, that helps.  I must have edited the listings in the past and didn't realize they would default back to non-digital.  In future I won't use the edit function at all, I'll just re-list when I need to change something.