Author Topic: My Shop  (Read 1876 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
My Shop
« on: June 17, 2016, 11:16:54 AM »
I was caught off guard  today  by what I considered  an odd request.   A person asked me for my catalog.   Since I am  by no means a business woman  and am not in this for money  I don't have a catalog. 
I just want my  hand made things "out there"   before I kick the bucket.  My mama taught me that a person should leave tracks as they walk through the earth  and people should know  you've been here.   My hand made items are my tracks  and I  have not seen  fit to do a professional catalog.  I know  many of you  probably  have catalogs and other professional  items  but I don't.   I am just a silly gramma   having a great  time.   My catalog  is  my  page on  handmadeartists.com   or  etsy.com.
Both are MsMartyD.
Thanks!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
Re: My Shop
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:39:41 AM »
I don't have a catalog either.  My catalog is my listings except for some jewelry that I can't seem to get decent pictures for.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 10:35:58 AM »
Yeah... can you cut & paste the whole request here?  Sounds like it came from a scammer, honestly.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 12:59:39 PM »
I would agree with Larissa.  The response to the email is "my shop IS my catalog.  Here is the link: xxxx." ...  or no response at all.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 01:23:54 PM »
If I can tell it's a scammer, I don't even reply at all.  Let them think they've got dead contact info.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »
You are NOT a silly Gramma! This really sounds like someone trolling for stuff. SCAM big time. I agree with Larissa-just ignore them. Not worth the time or effort.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 09:38:28 AM »
I deleted it after I read it....    I have never  taken myself too seriously   and as I am  in this for fun and my own posterity  I can't be bothered with scammers.    Just  so everyone  knows....  I love this site and the fact that  being "unsavvy"   is not held against me.   Thanks!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18