Author Topic: Etsy using Off Shore Tax Haven  (Read 823 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Etsy using Off Shore Tax Haven
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »
Well I guess that almighty dollar rules!
Unfortunately we've never really made any real money on Handmade Artists. If and when we get a few thousand vendors, we'll that will be a different story. It has always been our goal, but it has been a tough go. However I've day dreamed of the day when this site brings in money, and have even talked to our accountant about it. I said what happens if the website makes x amount? He said that would be great. Then I said, we'll......what about taxes????? His response has always been, if you make the money you'll have the money to pay the tax. That is always how I look at it, make the dough, pay the tax. Tax avoidance is one reason why I lose probably 35% of my pay check every week. Too many people are slipping by and it costs the honest ones more!
Don't get me started >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
Weeeeeellll, sound like we think alike and I will leave it at that....

Offline popartballons

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
If they didn't do something like this, their dreams of being public would be done quicker

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »
Andrew and Kimberly,  your lack of greed  is the main thing  I really appreciate about you.  I  have an Etsy store as many here do but I don't push it all that much. I have told many about this site.  Maybe one day you will be the premier  site  (old lady down on knees begging)
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18