Author Topic: Not handmade, I presume?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Not handmade, I presume?
« on: September 04, 2015, 01:37:43 PM »
So, as I mentioned, we got chickens last night.  We've got 5 different varieties, with gorgeous feathers.  Someone I know on FB has already said she wants feathers, and I know a lot of crafters would use them, so I'm planning to collect and wash them as they fall off our girls.

I presume I can't list them here for sale?  I'll be washing them, but not making them, so they'd be just a supply.  Not bulk-produced in China, but really not human-made at all.

Just figured it couldn't hurt to bring it up.  :)

Offline AlgriumEngraving

• View Profile
    • Algrium Engraving & Jewelry
Re: Not handmade, I presume?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:53:41 PM »
Who feed the chickens - possibly a human  :) . And I presume you feed them "by HAND". Closes enough to hand made by my standards.  :laugh:

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 10:08:54 PM »
LOL, you're funny!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:26:37 AM »
I am old enough to remember  fans with real feathers....    and  don't get me started on those 30s and 40s hats with real feathers!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 09:24:01 AM »
You can still get real feather fans at the Renaissance Faire.  I really want one, but they're pricey and I haven't been able to just spring for it yet.

Collected 3 more feathers this morning, and one was from Cher's chest, which is really cool, because it's black with just a little bit of brown markings.  What I need to get next is a couple bins - one for the unwashed feathers, one for the ones I've washed, so I can keep them fluffy and sorted.  Right now, I've only got a few and they're in a ziploc baggie, waiting for me to have enough to justify washing them.