Author Topic: Photo Editing  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Photo Editing
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »
I've been a little concerned with the background in my photos, while they aren't horrible, they aren't great either. I have started editing them with fotofuze to remove the unwanted hue/darkness in the background and photoshop to smooth the shadows that fotofuze leaves and really I like it, my photos have consistent crisp, clean backgrounds (I've only finished the first page of items). I absolutely encourage anyone that has dark backgrounds (you know who you are!) I am not being mean, I really want to help, shoot me a message if you can't figure it out) -   give it a whirl. Photos mean a lot in online selling!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Editing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
Played with a couple of my photos and it really works pretty good!  Going to take hours and hours if I decide to do them all  :o  but well worth it when it comes to product pictures.

Offline CAJP2015

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »
...hI GOod day im cams from the Philippines id like to ask how to improve my skills in editing photos..^_^ thanks and good bless.. :D :D

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »
I tried it a couple of years ago, but it made the background too stark white.  Have they improved it since then?

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
I revisited Fotofuze and tried it on some of the new necklaces and earrings I am making.  Not ceramic this time.  I am using my own artwork and photography to create them.  I also found the most elegant looking rope chain to attach to the pendants.  Fotofuze seems to be making these necklaces and earrings pop.  It still seems a little stark, but that seems to be the going thing for backgrounds in the commercial world these days.

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »
I tried what Fotofuze calls "Background Styles" and they seem to be better than the stark white for some items.  Have you tried that?

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 11:01:19 AM »
I haven't tried that, but I've already spent waaaaaaaaay to much time editing all my photos to do it again! LOL  :o

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 12:21:15 PM »
I have been doing a lot of editing too.  I found the middle dot of the top row to be much nicer looking that the stark white.  They only had the stark white when I used it before.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
I just use Gimp, which is apparently basically the open source version of Photoshop (which is what Eric uses).  It's involved, but it's good stuff.

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »
I also use Photoshop, but I found with the new feature on Fotofuze where you can change the background to something other than stark white, it is quicker and more consistent that Photoshop. 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 08:46:50 AM »
Ah, gotcha.  Different.

Offline jessy255

• View Profile
    • My Etsy shop
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »
I use Photoshop and Picasa. Especially the second one, it's free, it's easy and quick, not complicated at all and the learning curve is awesome. You figure it out in a matter of minutes.