Author Topic: Etsy  (Read 4412 times)

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
Re: Etsy
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
I found out about Handmade Artists from a Facebook group I belonged to when I was on Artfire.  After I left there I was looking for another venue, and Andrew happened to be in that group too and told everyone there about the site.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 11:07:31 PM »
I think I was just searching handmade stuff online not long after Eric & I started the soap thing, and found HAF in the web search.  Good SEO!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »
I found out about Handmade Artists from a Facebook group I belonged to when I was on Artfire.  After I left there I was looking for another venue, and Andrew happened to be in that group too and told everyone there about the site.

I honestly don't remember how I found this place, but I am glad that I did! :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2017, 09:43:04 AM »
So I saw this earlier this morning:  http://www.businessinsider.com/etsy-ceo-stepping-down-earnings-layoffs-2017-5.

It's hard to believe that a monolith like Etsy could potentially go under, but hey, it's happening to Radio Shack, and has happened to a lot of other very large corporations.  I feel bad for the artisan sellers there and wonder how many of them know that their shops could possibly be in danger.  If all I had was an Etsy shop, I'd be looking for a way to host my own store right about now, in a stand-alone shop, or looking for another group venue.  Always best to have a backup when you're in business, and knowing a lot of Etsy sellers, I doubt most do have a backup.