Author Topic: Bad manners  (Read 4564 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bad manners
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
Emilie,
It is such a pleasure reading your post. We left etsy in 2009 and started Handmade Artists for the very reason you're talking about. It has been an uphill struggle ever since, but we keep putting our best foot forward everyday and have maintained and kept the site open. If more people had the same attitude as you, we'd be light years ahead of where we are. We've had hundreds of ex etsians join over the years, then complain of no sales. Yet all their promotion is for their etsy shop, they do nothing to help the site or themselves here, they post and run and then complain
Those that have put in some effort have succeeded here and brought new buyers and awareness to the site.
Thanks so much for sharing, it is the right attitude to have  8)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »
In this whole scenario of one site verses another, I've done well on Etsy. Ebay when they first started out was a blast. I've been selling on the internet for over 15 years. What I hope to accomplish here is to support a "true handmade site" that's going to take time to build just as etsy did. I know it's not going to happen in a day. However any sale that I get elsewhere will also know that I'm now here too. In time I'm sure this site will receive the kudos it deserves by staying true to their word as "handmade".

I believe etsy has hurt itself tremendously by allowing so called manufactured handmade and also their erotic mature content that is so called "art" has another word. Not saying any more on that subject but in all reality that more than anything wants me to but some distance from etsy. Most of my clientele I believe wouldn't want to associate either.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to more success for all of us here and where ever.

This is exactly the right way to look at it!  You're obviously brilliant.  :)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 07:44:40 AM »
Yea!  Someone that gets it!  You get out of any site what you put into it and I know that the more people that understand that aspect the more of a success both they and HAF will become.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 06:14:42 PM »
Yea!  Someone that gets it!  You get out of any site what you put into it and I know that the more people that understand that aspect the more of a success both they and HAF will become.

:) It is rather refreshing isn't it? AS for me, I am SOOO waiting for this move to happen so I can get my stuff out and start creating again! I am going crazy!!! :-\

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 10:06:12 AM »

:) It is rather refreshing isn't it? AS for me, I am SOOO waiting for this move to happen so I can get my stuff out and start creating again! I am going crazy!!! :-\

I couldn't imagine!  I took a hiatus from knitting while doing all the bee & garden stuff & didn't even realize how much I missed it until I started again. 

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 10:35:02 AM »

I couldn't imagine!  I took a hiatus from knitting while doing all the bee & garden stuff & didn't even realize how much I missed it until I started again.

So true....whenever I am feeling blocked and uninspired I take on another, completely different type of work like my gardens and after a while, all I can think about is getting back to my craft room again!