Author Topic: Why the drop in comments in the gallery?  (Read 6460 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Why the drop in comments in the gallery?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:00 AM »
Great to see you again!!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
Not sure about everyone else, but I know I haven't been posting/commenting on anything for an age, just lurking when I have time.  Perhaps it is the same for others?  I'm hoping to start getting more active over here again, regular life has just been pretty crazy lately.

You are always a welcome site!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 09:44:46 AM »
I got involved in a discussion of handcrafts with  a scrabble opponent last night and he will be looking into  this site as another option to selling his woodworking products. Yea scrabble!   LOL
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »
Thanks for the promotion MsMarty 8)

Offline carlaparker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
I'm pretty new here to Handmade Artists but when I go to markets of course all stall holders chat about markets they been to and what they use to advertise their business and what pages they are on. As I only attend Craft and Handmade markets I myself am surprised that no one knows of this site but after having been on a few different sites (etsy, zibbet and made it) I find this site to be the most affordable for unlimited listing and give everyone my card as it has my site on it and hopefully that helps get the word around, well in Melbourne Australia anyway.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 07:31:11 AM »
I'm pretty new here to Handmade Artists but when I go to markets of course all stall holders chat about markets they been to and what they use to advertise their business and what pages they are on. As I only attend Craft and Handmade markets I myself am surprised that no one knows of this site but after having been on a few different sites (etsy, zibbet and made it) I find this site to be the most affordable for unlimited listing and give everyone my card as it has my site on it and hopefully that helps get the word around, well in Melbourne Australia anyway.

That's a great way to get it going. I try and let anyone who wants a place to sell or buy to try here. I even have my husband doing it now since he's been doing shows. This last show he did he was talking with a guy who was looking for an online venue and was thinking about Etsy. My husband told him not to go there but to check out this place. If everyone who has a shop here just shared with one other person, just imagine the exposure we would get. Referrals are always the best.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 02:28:04 PM »

Hey, we like Aussies!  :D  And yeah, that really is the way.  I have specific HAF cards I printed up (from a file either on this site somewhere or that Andrew or Kimberly emailed, I forget which).  They're for the shop in general, not just my shops, for which I have cards to my personal urls that redirect to my HAF shops.

Offline thunderroseleather

• Handmade functional art.
    • View Profile
    • Thunder Rose Leather
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »
Hey there ! I know I haven't been posting as much.  I have a lot on my plate . I have noticed a big drop in the action on the forum. It would really be great to see it come back alive . I love that there is one because on the sites that don't have community its kinda dry. So thanks for having one. I am going to advertise the forum on our big facebook group. There are some people that have stores here that post.
I honestly think people have so much going on that  they get lost in it all. I know I could do so much more but my time is limited. I actually have to make my art everyday lol......that is a good thing....
 ;)

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »
I know Debbie, there is a big drop..  I had items posted in the gallery from November that have been hardly looked at nor shared....so I lately have not made an effort to even go this extra step.....by posting it there....

It would be nice if things  came alive again, but just a few ....that's just not cutting it. So I too wished there was more participation....but.... ???

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
I know Debbie, there is a big drop..  I had items posted in the gallery from November that have been hardly looked at nor shared....so I lately have not made an effort to even go this extra step.....by posting it there....

It would be nice if things  came alive again, but just a few ....that's just not cutting it. So I too wished there was more participation....but.... ???

I do what I can do to promote Monika, sorry I haven't gotten to your post sooner.

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 03:24:13 PM »
Andrew, I did not point fingers, it's just that hardly anyone is in the galleries anymore............. :)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 06:01:23 AM »
I wonder if eliminating some of the really stagnant threads to consolidate the forum a bit would be a good move? There is so much here and I imagine it can be overwhelming for many.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »
Deleting content is never a good move, all the threads on the forum are searchable by google and they do search. Their spiders and other search engines spiders are here all the time.
Maybe when the new site is done it will be better.
All I can say is we do what we can, If I could figure out how to make people participate it would be great.
Over the years we've done many different things, some help for a  bit and then people fade off.
So who knows. I'm just going to keep plugging away.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 07:32:49 AM »
This may help some.....  I check  and read the forum every morning.  I don't always comment  so I feel sure others might be doing the same.
I don't have very much to say that is meaningful to others  but  I like to keep up with what is going on.  It is possible that  folks are reading and going on with their day as I am.
I do enjoy hearing  (seeing)  from other crafters.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MarilynKelleyDesigns

• View Profile
    • Marilyn Kelley Designs
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 07:54:26 AM »
Maybe you already have this and I just haven't noticed, but perhaps making one or two sellers admins to help keep the flow going in the forum, encouraging new sellers to participate and maybe get some of the "rings" going again. I know for me, I visit the forum most days, but often don't have much to add to the conversation. Most of us are marketing here, our websites, facebook, google+, Pinterest, Instagram.....the list goes on, on top of creating products, packing and shipping.  Maybe have some forum contests that can be marketed elsewhere or polls.  The way it is now, the same few people are consistent visitors to the forum with not much else in the way of participation.  Just a thought....