Author Topic: Why the drop in comments in the gallery?  (Read 6461 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Why the drop in comments in the gallery?
« on: January 21, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
I don't know about all of you, but I have noticed a big drop in comments in the gallery sections of this forum. I know for me I posted my new bracelet a few days ago and have 1 comment from Monika. I know she's posted stuff and I have been by to comment. It just makes me wonder if I should bother since  apparently no one is commenting. Just lurking maybe? It's discouraging at least to me. ???

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
Re: Why the drop in comments in the gallery?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 10:52:31 AM »
Teresa, I noticed the same thing....it seems no one on this site might be interested to comment anymore.....
I check daily and do my thing....don't know....this hole forum has become a lame duck....don't know what to do about it..... :(

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 11:12:15 AM »
I didn't even see it!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
I am not fishing for compliments. I am just curious what's going on? I know people are busy, etc. but this doesn't look good to the outside eyes that might be checking us out. Just my opinion.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »
Not really sure how to respond to this. Kimberly and I spoke and will see what we can do to spark more interest in the forum side.
It really is up to the person, I know many are not forum people, some are though, we still have over 500 vendors on the site. I know that some have never even ventured to the forum, because you don't see them.
Anyway, we'll keep doing what we can on our side. Kimberly just sent out a newsletter to start a new blog ring, so that may start more interest in the forum side. We haven't sent out a newsletter in forever so I'm sure that hasn't helped, I mean people get tied up with life, so we need to send out newsletters from time to time to keep our name floating around in peoples head. I've just always tried not to do it too much because I think it is annoying.
All in all it is a group effort, so all you can do is your part individually and it will all hopefully come together.

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 05:46:46 PM »
Kimberly and Andrew, I just checked in like a new customer wanting to sell here

https://handmadeartists.com/sell-info/

I found NO info about the forum and what "newbees" can do in the forums! This might be the right spot to mention and  a consideration for you two to include detailed info at this spot.....
I.E.  daily chat, support, showcase items in galleries, blog rings, twitter rings  etc.
How to make highlights, what they are....etc

Just an idea.....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:17:29 PM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
Kimberly and Andrew, I just checked in like a new customer wanting to sell here

https://handmadeartists.com/sell-info/

I found NO info about the forum and what "newbees" can do in the forums! This might be the right spot to mention and  a consideration for you two to include detailed info at this spot.....
I.E.  daily chat, support, showcase items in galleries, blog rings, twitter rings  etc.
How to make highlights, what they are....etc

Just an idea.....

We may add that but there is also the large "forum" at the top of every page and it is mentioned in the FAQ under communication.  Also, most people that sell on other multivendor sites know to look for a forum or message board section.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 03:00:01 PM »
Trying to catch up on sharing and doing my part This is a group effort and we greatly appreciate everyone's support!!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 03:35:30 PM »
Yeah, you can only do so much for people. Forum is listing right at the top in the menu bar. It's not hard to find.

I wish I had the magic answer for all our "issues" but I don't. I just get frustrated with people.  :police:

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 08:31:12 PM »
In addition to commenting  on the board here there needs to be more communication  about the site  to the public.  You have no idea how many people I encounter in my limited contact with the outside world who have never heard of handamdeartists. I'm doing my bit in the Fountain City area of Knoxville.  Just so ya know....   that's the area  where the city park has a heart shaped duck pond.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »
I agree MsMarty, word of mouth is huge. I know we handed out over 100 cards last weekend. Every bit helps!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
I try too!  I carry HAF cards and hand them out to anyone who makes things or likes to shop handmade.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »
I told people all about it when I had the store. Had a poster on the bulletin board at checkout. I still tell about the site whenever I can.

I've now noticed that even the jewelry thread is slow. I seem to be the only one posting there lately. That thread was always the most active other than the what are you doing one.  I assume people are encouraged to post their new things in the gallery when they sign up for a shop. I sent a new person a message just today telling them to do that. I am confused by it all.  :-\

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »
Not sure about everyone else, but I know I haven't been posting/commenting on anything for an age, just lurking when I have time.  Perhaps it is the same for others?  I'm hoping to start getting more active over here again, regular life has just been pretty crazy lately.