Author Topic: Not sure if I qualify as handmade or assemblage.  (Read 1000 times)

Offline CraftntheBox

• View Profile
Not sure if I qualify as handmade or assemblage.
« on: January 11, 2015, 07:15:51 PM »
Hi there, first time posting and I have a few questions. Hopefully I'm not overwhelming.

First, would pinback buttons/badges be considered handmade if I arrange the artwork and press them myself? Would I be allowed to use license free images on the buttons and still be considered handmade?

Next, if I make a mold of a charm that I sculpted by hand but now I can reproduce it, is that allowed still?

Last, are we allowed to change our usernames later if we choose or do we have to make a whole new account to do so?

Sorry for all of the questions. Thank you in advance for answering and helping me through this.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if I qualify as handmade or assemblage.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »
Yes, your pins would be allowed because the artwork is yours....same with the molded charms.  My suggestion would be to show the mold in one of your photos as well as state in your descriptions that you made the mold yourself.

As far as changing your user name, Andrew and I can do it for you if you need to so there should to be no need to create a new account.  Just email us and we'll take care of it for you.

Offline CraftntheBox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 01:24:54 PM »
Okay thank you. I don't need my username changed, but I thought I should ask anyway. On the pins, I assume I can't use stock images to sell here, correct?

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 10:20:19 AM »
Are you making the pins yourself or farming them out?  That would be the question.  Farming out the work and using stock images would be a much grayer area.  We would much rather have the original art.