Author Topic: The Alchemist's Vacation  (Read 2697 times)

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
The Alchemist's Vacation
« on: November 18, 2014, 09:33:49 AM »
Good Morning,

I have been on hiatus for a while, but not by choice.  On October 18th, 2014, I had a Heart Attack.  :-X  A real bona fide Ventricular Fibrillation, they had to shock my heart back in to beating correctly.  I am OK and on the mend, but have other things I have to deal with too, Doctor's Appointments and the like.  I will be on a medicinal regiment for about a year and then medication will be changed for an additional two years under a Doctor's care.  It is a genetic or hereditary problem and would have happened eventually .

In order to deal with this latest monkey wrench in the works, I will be putting The Alchemists Vessel shop on vacation in the next day or two for reorganization and to get my schedule and health up to snuff.  The shop on Etsy will be closed after the last item has expired, I believe that is around December 27 or so.

I want to thank everyone for their continued support, I see my items in Highlights and being shared other places as well, and it that makes me happy.  Thank you, it is appreciated.

Happy Holidays, Joyous New Year, and Great Sales to all.

Alix ~
The Alchemists Vessel

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: The Alchemist's Vacation
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »
I seem to recall reading this (and commenting)somewhere else but not sure where. Anyway, I'm happy that you're on the mend! I assume this means your physical store is gone as well as closing the Etsy shop. I wish you well with the reorg. I will miss seeing your stuff but health and well being come first! Be sure and stop by once in awhile and let us know how you're doing. :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »
Whoa, Alix, scary!  I'm so glad you're getting better, though.  Take care of yourself & be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
Alix, I wish you nothing but the best, glad you are mending, heart problems is nothing to mess around with, I know!

Take your time and I will be praying for you..... :-*

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:21:11 PM »
Just don't forget to pop in every once in a while and let us know you are ok!  Prayers coming your way

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:00:07 PM »
Yes, trusk4u is correct, I posted this on facebook as well, after a well meaning friend got things a little backwards.

I want to thank you all for your prayers and kind words.  They mean much.

After receiving my bill today, an embarrassing amount of money that I will never see in my life time, I have no choice but to close the shop here and other places as well.  I will not be able to afford it.  In the years that I have been here I have sold four items, all to other artists here.  That's not bad, but it is not good either.  My passion is handmade and I love this site, its shops and its people.  My items are not going to make me a living and they are certainly not going to pay even a utility bill. 

This is of course no reflection on the site or anyone, it is just the reality, and it breaks my heart (and my bank account).

Love to all, and thank you again.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 09:21:54 AM »
I'm sorry you have to close up shop. Glad I got my purchase completed before you did. I've had my eye on these earrings for awhile and am looking forward to getting them! ?

Offline LOVEwhatIdo

• View Profile
    • LOVEwhatIdo
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 09:32:52 AM »
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're doing ok. Your health is what is important in this point in time. I'm hoping you will get back to making beautiful items once more. Please continue to take care of yourself.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »
Alix, I'm so sorry!

Don't be afraid to negotiate with your providers.  They *will* negotiate and reduce bills, and make payment plans and the like.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 01:28:47 PM »
Alix, I'm so sorry!

Don't be afraid to negotiate with your providers.  They *will* negotiate and reduce bills, and make payment plans and the like.

She's right, they will. But you have to initiate the conversation.

Offline Roziespearls

• Newborn & Toddler Bracelets
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 11:47:19 AM »
Glad your feeling better. Take care of your self life is to short. You are in our prays.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »
Hang in there Alix, we'll be thinking about you!