Author Topic: Our New Home....finally!  (Read 29887 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Our New Home....finally!
« on: August 14, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »
Figure I would start a new thread so that you all could see what we have been up to on the home front.

From the front, it looks tiny!  We are built into a hill so you can't see much.

But from the back you can see the full house

The property is beautiful....3 acres of trees and only the hint of our neighbors.

There is a barn in the back which is about to become my studio and a weight room for the family.  There is someone coming this week to put in the concrete floor and then we start putting up walls.

The entire house was painted an ugly yellow cream from the vaulted ceilings all the way down so I've ended up painting most of the house.  I started with the boys room, since they really need a place to hang while I tear out the rest.

Nathaniel was looking for "modern" so a grid wall it is.  Wouldn't have been back except his wall is 15 ft tall and I am not a fan of standing at the top of the ladder.

Spencer was looking for something different so he chose white walls with orange trim (looks like the inside of Home Depot!) and is covering it with posters. 

I am now working on the kitchen which I will post when I am done!

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
Re: Our New Home....finally!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »
WOW!  Contgrats Kimberly…. It’s beautiful!  Love it… looking forward to seeing more pictures!  8) 8) 8)

I say… Come on everyone…. PARTY at the Kitchens!!!!!!
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »
Whoa, Kimberly you have been busy....cant wait to see the rest of it.... :D

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »
Love it!   I like  the boys'  choices.  The outside is so peaceful  and quiet.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:02:04 AM »
Gorgeous, I love all the woodsy outside space.  You did a great job with the boys rooms.  Looks like home.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:00:56 AM »
It's getting there and starting to feel a bit more like home!  Ordered new knobs for the kitchen cabinets and  Andrew and I spent 12 hours painting the dining room, kitchen and entry which all run together various shades of grey and white.  I will take some pictures later today.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »
Beautiful new home, and you're doing a great decorating job. We are surrounded by woods too, with enough open land for a garden. I know you and your family will enjoy the nature-life of your new setting.....and you get a studio ;D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »
You're doing an amazing job!  The house and land are gorgeous, and I love that grid wall, which is pretty funny, because I'm not generally a fan of that sort of modern.  But I love it, reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright.

More pix!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »
A few more pics...

Our living room is really a sun room which used to be the deck if that makes sense.  The result is it is narrow but really long with a wood stove at one end.

Same with the kitchen.  The house used to be much smaller, but they blew out the back of the house to add to the kitchen

and the dining room which is really funny....12 ft wide but 34 ft long with a fireplace at one end.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:16 PM »
Great looks for the boys rooms.  YEAH  "Living the Orange Life"  (Home Depot) rocks.  It was always one of my favorite stores and now my daughter works there, yippee.  There is orange all over my house, just not on the walls.   LOL. 

I really like the grid wall.  Not sure I would tackle something like that but it looks great.  I love this house.  It is misleading from the front, but wow what a lot of space and that view is to die for and the area around you is great.  I would love to have that.  Sit out and watch the deer in the early am as they move from one feeding area to another.  I would love to know how much wildlife you actually see around there. 

Hope all is going well with the  project room and the weight room.  Love seeing the photos.  Thanks

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »
Wow! Now that’s a place to call ‘Home’. I like all the windows and of course the decorating! WTG
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »
The grid wall was a pain, but I have always been willing to do what the boys want with their rooms so that it is truly a place of their own to go to...though since they became teenagers, we never see them anyways!

We have actually had quite a few animals around; a bunny family lived under the front porch which drives the dogs nuts, the usual birds and squirrels, a number of deer and even a turkey who wanders through every so often.

As you have all heard, we are working on my studio and gym space.  We have walls and windows and doors and yesturday I spent the day painting both rooms.  My studio is my favorite lime green which makes it bright and happy even on the dullest of days and the gym is white and orange.

I am planning on stenciling various words on the one big wall in grey, black and orange at some point soon and will post pictures when that project is done.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
My bright and sunny baby
! :-* :-* :-* :-*