Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 7772 times)

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 11:37:01 AM »
So glad I went and brought the camera with me.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
Thanks for the recipe, Pam, Sorry it took so long, I'm just now seeing this! Saving it and hope to give it a try soon!

What makes me happy?  Hmmmm. loads of things, beading, writing, reading, quiet time, my grandsons belly laugh, a good homebrewed cafe mocha on my deck first thing in the morning before anyone else is moving around.  Now not necessarily in this order of course, and as all of you there are many more but most anything makes me happy.

What would make me happy?  To hug my son again.

I looked at my recipes and this is the one I have been using for years.  My mother had a great one and this one is so close as to have no recognizable differencs. We did not use molds, just rolled into small ball with a couple quick movements and then pinched the top almost like a hershey kiss shape

Butter Creme Mints

Makes:90 Candies

4 T butter, softened
3 T sweetened condensed milk
4 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp spearmint flavoring
2 drops green food coloring or color of choice
granulated sugar
Rubber Candy Molds

Blend softened butter and condensed milk together. Gradually add powdered sugar
 until mixture becomes stiff.  Add flavoring and coloring a little at a time to reach desired color and taste.

Roll into small balls. Roll balls into granulated sugar. Press ball into candy mold. Unmold at once.
Makes about 90 candies.

For use later:
Quick freeze on a cookie sheet. Place between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Better when made ahead a week or two.

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 09:04:31 AM »
I don't have pictures, but music, my animals, and finishing a project make me happy.  Sales are always good for a happy mood, too.

Offline Bluerosedreamer

• Gather ye Lords and Ladies fair......
    • View Profile
    • Blue Roses Dreaming
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »
What makes me happy....
Chocolate!!! The beach...and, the end of Summer.

I know, I know and believe me, I do feel bad for being happy about summer ending, but I'm always just as happy for the end of Winter as well. My body does not like extreme temperatures, hot or cold. I've been this way since I was a kid. Pass out from Summer heat, hands and feet aching from Winter cold. I'm happiest in the Fall and Spring. Sadly though, I live in North  Carolina where those are the shortest of our seasons, LOL,

What else makes me happy - my grandchildren, good books (Fantasy Genre) and the fact that the next season of Doctor Who comes back tomorrow night with a new Doctor!!!!

Oh, have I ever mentioned here that despite being almost 55 years old, I'm a total geek and have been known to 'fan-girl' with the best of them?

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 01:31:37 PM »
Thanks for posting, words are great, as well as pictures! So happy that people are posting here :).

I don't have pictures, but music, my animals, and finishing a project make me happy.  Sales are always good for a happy mood, too.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »
So glad I'm not the only one happy to see Summer end. I also have issues with temperature extremes, which is one reason I moved from the cold northeast, but now I'm stuck with the long, hot Texas summers! Now that it's going to be a little cooler, and the local kids are back in school, I can visit my little beach and parks/trails, and relax in nature, yay. I went to the park and beach both the other day, even though it was still very hot. I didn't have my decent cam, only my ipod, but will see if I can post a pic or two, if I can find them. I get very energized in the Fall, it's my favorite season, with family birthdays and holidays coming, and lots of cooking and baking, since the weather will be cooler.

What makes me happy....
Chocolate!!! The beach...and, the end of Summer.

I know, I know and believe me, I do feel bad for being happy about summer ending, but I'm always just as happy for the end of Winter as well. My body does not like extreme temperatures, hot or cold. I've been this way since I was a kid. Pass out from Summer heat, hands and feet aching from Winter cold. I'm happiest in the Fall and Spring. Sadly though, I live in North  Carolina where those are the shortest of our seasons, LOL,

What else makes me happy - my grandchildren, good books (Fantasy Genre) and the fact that the next season of Doctor Who comes back tomorrow night with a new Doctor!!!!

Oh, have I ever mentioned here that despite being almost 55 years old, I'm a total geek and have been known to 'fan-girl' with the best of them?

Offline Bluerosedreamer

• Gather ye Lords and Ladies fair......
    • View Profile
    • Blue Roses Dreaming
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 06:53:23 AM »
So glad I'm not the only one happy to see Summer end. I also have issues with temperature extremes, which is one reason I moved from the cold northeast, but now I'm stuck with the long, hot Texas summers! Now that it's going to be a little cooler, and the local kids are back in school, I can visit my little beach and parks/trails, and relax in nature, yay. I went to the park and beach both the other day, even though it was still very hot. I didn't have my decent cam, only my ipod, but will see if I can post a pic or two, if I can find them. I get very energized in the Fall, it's my favorite season, with family birthdays and holidays coming, and lots of cooking and baking, since the weather will be cooler.

Oh, me too!!! My energy levels are highest in Fall and Spring. I need to live in a place where the temp never gets above 70 or below 40 degrees year round :)

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 12:35:14 PM »
Hooray for the cooler weather, my windows are open, and the AC is finally turned off!! Happy Fall, Everyone!

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »
It seems to be popular these days to disparage the police, but here's an uplifting story of how one officer went way above what many people would have done: https://www.facebook.com/froggy98radio/photos/a.119296551460904.17010.118348138222412/783623581694861/?type=1&theater

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »
Thanks for sharing that uplifting story!    Love it!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 12:26:07 PM »
I love fall and spring!  Open windows and fresh air and being able to be outside without freezing or dying of heat stroke.

As for me, my kids, my dogs, living in the woods with the peace and quiet and watching the colors on the trees change.  So many things make me happy!

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »
I love the Fall weather. The pollen is killing the kitties and me right now, but hopefully soon, we'll be able to go outside and open the windows! I love the brilliant sunshine on a cool day, when I can go out and enjoy nature and fresh air.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 02:00:32 PM »
I am loving the change in our weather, even though it may be only temporary, it is a sign that cooler weather is on the way.  No AC running today, got my fuzzy socks on and am about to open the windows for a little ocean breeze.  It is really windy, but that will give me the much needed airing out of my house.

Like Kimberly though, there are many things that make me happy.  Best one is a really good piece of chocolate all to myself and complete quiet in my house.  Yeah Right!!!! does not happen very often.

Smile.  When you smile you do one of two things, you either make people wonder what you are up to, or best of all, they smile back.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 08:59:30 AM »
It is freezing out today so my fire makes me happy....well happy and able to work without turning on the heat or my fingers falling off!