Author Topic: Making plurals  (Read 781 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Making plurals
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:48:24 AM »
Please forgive me for any attitude  that might show up in this post.  I am speaking to those who grew up and went to elementary school in the US.  An apostrophe is used for contractions and for  showing possession of something..... as in  Andrew's  blog....   To indicate that you have more than one of something  just add the s. as in .. How many Andrews do we have here?    Sometimes with certain words  es is correct  but still no apostrophe for plurals.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

Re: Making plurals
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »
MsMarty.....please forgive me if I am the one that upset you. I don't really know, but....

I am German, English is my second language, I taught myself in two years, reading, writing, speaking, went and got a job and worked my way up in the corporate world to retire from a high paying position. :-[

So, if my English sometimes is still not correct, please accept the fact, that I still speak, read and write better, than some of the native born American people here.

AND maybe we can overlook these lil things a bit and just be good to each other.... :-*
and typo's do happen with everyone..... ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:48:32 AM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: Making plurals
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:38:19 AM »
Monika,  you didn't upset me.   I  have the utmost respect for you.  I could NOT move to another country,  learn the language and blend the way you have.  My beef is with citizens of the US  who won't take the time to learn to communicate in their own native tongue.   Big thumbs up for you, Girl!!!!!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18