Author Topic: Want to write an article and get some free promotion???  (Read 13991 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Want to write an article and get some free promotion???
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »
I am looking for new ways to 1) get some articles for IBH and 2) find ways to get people to appreciate the work that goes into handmade.

I am looking for people from different media to write up articles about their process.  No, you do not have to give away trade secrets, but for example, a soaper can take people through the basic steps to go from nothing to artisan soaps.  Obviously include pictures and links to your own shop and work as well.  I'm hoping that if people had a better understanding of what went into handmade work, they would not balk at the price quite so quickly.

As I said, you write the article and include your links so you get some exposure and hopefully we can break the WalMart mentality that stops people from paying what handmade is really worth.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Want to write an article and get some free promotion???
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:57:55 AM »
I know we talked about this last night, I hope people can take some time with this. Sites like Handmade Artists and It's Better Handmade has the power to show their authority on topics like this. Unfortunately, we just can't do it all by ourselves. I mean the shear amount of work we put in, is endless. So any help would be greatly appreciated, as it helps you as well as handmade!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
I submitted something to Kimberly's email address, hope that will work.... ;) :)
and thanks for the opp - if you can use it..... :D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »
I submitted something to Kimberly's email address, hope that will work.... ;) :)
and thanks for the opp - if you can use it..... :D

got it and will set it up on the site for you!  Thank you!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:54 PM »
Kimberly, feel free to correct my "Germanized English" if you see something.... :P