Author Topic: Craft Cafe  (Read 2362 times)

Offline AlgriumEngraving

• View Profile
    • Algrium Engraving & Jewelry
Craft Cafe
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Oh Well looks like I wasted my time at Craft Cafe. Had a site there, which now seems to have disappeared, along with with all my listings. The site went down about two/three weeks ago, and has not come back up.

I was out of the province for the last month and a half. I am now back and will be starting to list my 200+ listings here. I think things will start to pickup once I lower my shipping costs. I found I can take my stuff over the boarder to Washington and pass the 30% to 60% savings to the customer. The bottles I currently have listed ship for about $30.00 out of Canada, where as out of Washington it is about $15.00.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Craft Cafe
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »
Whoa, that's terrible about your other shop!  Glad we're here as an option.  I wish you great success here.

On another note, I think.it's ludicrous that shipping increases so drastically when crossing an imaginary line on a single piece of land.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »
Have to laugh at the shipping!  I just shipped a glass set to Canada and it cost almost $20 where I can ship it for $8 in the states!  Insane!

I'm sorry about your Craft Cafe shop.  That really stinks that it just up and vanishes.  Their facebook page hasn't had a post since January so it looks like another one bites the dust.  That being said, welcome to HAF and can't wait to see what else you list!

Offline AlgriumEngraving

• View Profile
    • Algrium Engraving & Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »

I have been here for a while, I had been waiting for the new site to be launched. But delays happen. In the meantime I will start to add items in a couple of weeks while waiting for my USPS & FEDEX boxes.

Have to laugh at the shipping!  I just shipped a glass set to Canada and it cost almost $20 where I can ship it for $8 in the states!  Insane!

I'm sorry about your Craft Cafe shop.  That really stinks that it just up and vanishes.  Their facebook page hasn't had a post since January so it looks like another one bites the dust.  That being said, welcome to HAF and can't wait to see what else you list!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
Sorry to hear you lost you shop, the site will not even open for me. Oh well, I was fearful for their success, many think that making and running a marketplace is easy. But I'm here to say it is not easy at all.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
That's terrible! I had a similar thing happen to me a few years back. The owner of the site apologized to everyone as it was something she had no control over. I believe her servers just up and quit taking ALL data with them. It's too bad because I really liked that place. It was very similar to this site.

Offline LadyVampSal

• Art Is Life---Love Art
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartists.com/shop/LadyVampSal
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 03:31:44 AM »
I know of a lot of sites that don't exist anymore---so you really have
to be careful about where you open a store.  :)

I wish you the best of luck with your new store on here.

Offline normasbathandbody

• View Profile
    • Norma's Bath and Body
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 08:41:22 PM »
The site is no longer there? I had no Idea.

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 04:41:40 AM »
Hope all goes well here.  I know about the shipping.  A friend up on PEI wanted some brass and copper sheet.  The US company would not ship to Canada.  So I bought the metal for her, then packaged it and sent it to PEI.  Did all the customs stuff, etc and she paid about $45 in addition to the cost of the sheets to get the metal for her creations.

That almost imaginary line does make for some of the most bizarre things.  I can ship to Ireland for a lot less than Canada.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com