Author Topic: Hi everybody!  (Read 16914 times)

Offline Agathalatham

• View Profile
Hi everybody!
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:47:27 PM »
Hi guys!!! I am Maria Latham and well i would like to receive some feedbacks about my Shop. Maybe some things i may be missing :(. I am really happy though with the views of my shop in such a short time, I was able to do some little sales aside this website though, I am still trying to reach some sales here :).

www.malulatham.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/maluartperu
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:03:28 AM by Agathalatham »

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everybody!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 01:23:47 AM »
Some quick feedback from your post, I was able to follow the link to your Faceback page (and then "liked" it), but your Blogspot link did not go to your blog, went to generic blogspot site page.  I am now trying to find your HA shop. Found you under shop name "agathalatham" 

You have no policies completed, these are essential to your business.  You need to complete your personal profile, your picture is a good headshot, but there is nothing entered to tell us about your art/self etc.  Although not perfect, look at my shop, all sections have been completed.  https://handmadeartists.com/shop/rasmussengems

For specific questions, please feel free to email me at: john at rasmussengems dot com; or you can call (864) 607-6990.  If I don't answer, leave a message and I can get back to you.  If I am working in the shop I don't stop to answer the phone.  However, I will get back with you.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline Agathalatham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 10:09:33 AM »
Hey gemlover  thank u so much! i really really appreciate your feedback to my shop. Followed your advises already. I corrected my links...thats weird i dont know why they were not working but anyways. Thank you so much, at least somebody noticed me hahaha

Agathalatham

www.malulatham.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »
Bumping this up.
I try to keep my opinion out of topics like this as a site owner. But hopefully some others will jump in and give you some suggestions.
You can also read our selling tips here http://handmadeartists.com/blog/category/selling-tips/

Offline tenthousandthreads

• captivated by beautiful threadwork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:26:50 PM »
I was also happy with the number of views early on and then I found out they were coming from Twitter and have not translated into sales. I have had one sale!  I've changed up the shop,tried to diversify it more,have unique products from my other shop and need feedback  What do you guys think I need to do to improve the sales likelihood? :o Susan
Susan Blossom

praising the traditions that continue to allow us to use our hands as well as brains

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 02:33:24 AM »
blog, both here and on one of your own.  post to any discussion group that you can find on the internet.  post to your facebook business and personal pages.  do not copy and paste your entries, that will lower your SEO score for google and bing.  each entry on the internet venues must be unique.  using an internet shop is a full time job if you want sales.  also remember, HAF is a small venue (compared to ETSY and eBay); so you have to work very hard at putting yourself out there in cyberland.  you can not just sit back and have people try to find you, too much competition in attracting folk.  even this posting in answer to your question will increase my SEO, very slightly, but I have used many "hot" terms here, so this will be counted by the search engines as being just one more example of my being alive.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »
I second John's post, you have to do for yourself....share, share, promote, promote....
It is hard work, but rewarding ones you are established.... :D

No one has ever gotten sales by just sitting back and waiting, even on the bigger websites.... ;) :D